Employment Laws Assistance
The links below are reprinted from the federal Dept. of Labor (DOL) website. If you want to make sure that your North Country company is correctly addressing federal and New York State compliance, you can get assistance specific to your needs by connecting with the expert resources of the North Country HR Consortium partners — simply contact us to get started.
You can also view a summary of major laws, which has brief descriptions of many of the DOL’s laws.
- Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act (CWHSSA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA)
- Executive Order 11246
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA)
- McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA)
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 503
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
- Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act (PCA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Whistleblower Protections
Help Navigating DOL Laws and Regulations
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to providing America’s workers, employers, job seekers, and retirees — with clear and easy-to-access information on how to comply with federal employment laws. This information is often referred to as “compliance assistance,” which is an important part of the Department’s efforts to protect the wages, health benefits, retirement security, employment rights, safety, and health of America’s workforce.